Admissions is now open for the 2017-2018 school year. Applications will be due by March 2017 and can be accessed here. Please contact the MCHID graduate office at email@example.com or the program director at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States; Equivalencies for international students can be found here: http://www.grad.uci.edu/admissions/applying-to-uci/international-qualifications.html
- A minimum 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale)
- Demonstrated English-language proficiency for applicants whose native language is not English (for more information: http://www.grad.uci.edu/admissions/applying-to-uci/english-proficiency.html)
Required Application Materials
- Online application (https://apps.grad.uci.edu/ogsa/)
- Statement of Purpose — Tell us a bit about why you want to join this program, where you see this program fitting in your broader career trajectory, and so on.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- For domestic students, put this in the place where it says personal history on the application
- For international students, please email this to email@example.com and our student affairs staff will add it to your application
- Three letters of recommendation (ignore the request that is standard UCI application language that these be “instructors” in this area of study. These can–and often should–be managers, peers, or clients at work or instructors from another area of study).
- Transcripts from every college or university attended
send to:ICS Graduate Office
Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences
352 Information & Computer Science Bldg.
University of California, Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697-3430
- One of:
- Portfolio demonstrating applicable work experience, which should be linked from either your statement of purpose or your resume
- GRE scores
For International Applicants:
- Please note that we welcome international applicants. However, there are some important things to know about visas.
- If you are here already on some kind of non-education related visa (marriage and family, work, etc.), you should be eligible to enroll in our program without trouble. However, we encourage you to check with our international center as well as an immigration attorney.
- You do not need a student visa to join our program, and therefore we do not support you in getting one through the program. Because it is low-residency, meaning we do not require you to be on campus for more than a week at at time, we do not at this time have the ability to offer I-20s. Again, for additional questions, please consult with our international center and an immigration attorney.
- TOEFL scores may be required for admissions (please check here for more information http://www.grad.uci.edu/admissions/applying-to-uci/english-proficiency.html)
UCI graduate application fee (http://www.grad.uci.edu/admissions/applying-to-uci/app-fee-info.html) Contact student affairs for more specific questions at firstname.lastname@example.org